When to Apply
Please apply to graduate at least two quarters before you plan to graduate. This will allow you to meet the priority deadline. Applications submitted after the priority deadline are subject to a late fee of $45.
Steps to Graduate
- Obtain your Degree Application
- Email or call the Geology Program Coordinator for your Geology Degree Evaluation. If you have a second major or a minor, go to the relevant department and complete their sign-off to graduate. Please note our degree evaluation process may differ from another department's evaluation process.
- Take the following items to the Registrars Office, OM 230:
- Completed degree application form
- Geology Degree Evaluation that has been signed off by the chair
Note: There will be a $50.00 graduation fee, which the Registrar's Office will bill to your account.
Graduating with Departmental Honors and Distinction
BA or BS students and students in the University Honors program who have completed at least 4 credits of GEOL 490 and have a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher meet the requirements for departmental honors. Those students who have completed at least 4 credits of GEOL 490 and have a cumulative GPA higher than 3.20 meet the requirements for departmental distinction.