Graduate Advising & Plan of Study
Plan of Study
Your Plan of Study must be completed on the Plan tab in Degree Works by the end of your first quarter. A template will be created for you before fall quarter begins and instructions will be provided during your Geology Orientation Meeting with Kate Blizzard.
Advancement to Candidacy
Advancement to candidacy requires a written proposal and an oral presentation. After your written proposal has been approved by your committee, fill out the Thesis Topic Approval form and send it to your committee chairperson. This will allow you to register for thesis credits.
- First you must file the Application for Master's Degree form. This happens the quarter before you plan to graduate.
- Thesis defenses should be scheduled with Kate Blizzard, and the Masters Oral Defense Schedule form will be filled out at that time.
- This happens after your committee has approved the thesis as being ready to defend.
- Note that the thesis must be tabled after your committee has approved it and two weeks prior to your defense date.
- After the defense you need to launch the Degree Recommendation Thesis Option form to your committee chairperson.
- Once your thesis is defended, approved, signed, turned in on Cedar and to the Graduate School, and hardbound copies have been ordered, you are done.
- An example of the format for the signature pages is in the Grad Program Handbook.